Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fish Cakes Recipe



INGREDIENTS:

400-500g fish
3 medium potatoes, peeled
1 onion, chopped
2 eggs
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup plain flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil for shallow frying
METHODS:
Chop potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until tender.  Drain, mash and set aside.
If using fresh fish, skin and pin bone if necessary then cook.  It can be poached (place in a pan of simmering water and cook for 4-5 minutes) or steamed over boiling water.  Once cooked, flake the fish into small pieces.
Combine the mashed potato, fish, onion, parsley and 1 well beaten egg in a large bowl.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Take a small handful of mixture at a time and shape into patties or ‘cakes’.
In 3 separate bowls place the flour, remaining beaten egg and breadcrumbs.   Dip the patties in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs shaking off the excess.
Heat 5mm oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.  Once the oil is hot enough, add the patties, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.  Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.  Drain on paper towel.
Serve with some sauces or chutneys and a salad.
Serves 5
source from theklutzycook

Related Articles

16 comments:

  1. The recipe looks interesting, perfect for kids' baon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fish cake. Tnx for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if instead of frying them, would it work also if I just bake them? I may not be the most health conscious, but I try to avoid fried foods if I can. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I'm such a big fan of fish cakes and fish fillets so I'll definitely give this a try soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing.. another new recipe to try

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chilipina: Bake them for 10 minutes, flip the cakes and bake another 15 minutes until golden brown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing. serves 5 people pala ano. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fish cakes, a few fries, and some lemon butter or tartar sauce, and I'm one happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy recipe... I want to try this at home...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried this pa. Looks a yum recipe. ThankS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. printed the procedures... I want to try this since I am a fish lover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fish Cakes are Yummy! I will try to cooking this. I told my daughter about this recipe and she is already excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my little boy likes fish dishes, will try to prepare this one for him; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i shud try cooking this one day! i love fish cakes or i might try putting tempura instead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I'm hungry for Fish Cakes. :D

    ReplyDelete

A food recipe blog with simple and tasty recipes for the foodie lovers and aspirant cook like me.