Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RAINBOW MACARONI PASTA

When I first saw this recipe on a food blog site I was greatly amaze with it.  And I said to myself I am going to try this with other pasta.

Usually they use linguine pasta for this but for me I am going to use Macaroni Pasta.  You can use any shape of pasta you'd like.



What did I do to come up with this rainbow pasta?  Just follow this step-by-step instructions:


  • Cook your pasta and make it AL DENTE.  Drain and let it cool.
  • Prepare your ziplock bag of food coloring. Here I use 4 colors: orange, yellow, blue and green.  About 20 drops of food coloring and 2 tbsp water to each bag.



  • Add part of cook pasta and mix around in the ziplock bag until noodles change color.  Let each bag sit for at least a minute.
  • Place the noodles on a strainer and let it rinse with water, then transfer the pasta in a bowl, then toss it together by combining all the colored pasta.
  • Serve it with spaghetti sauce and add Parmesan cheese.

Children would love this! 

Good for Halloween Party, Kids Party and even Christmas Party.
 



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A food recipe blog with simple and tasty recipes for the foodie lovers and aspirant cook like me.